Monday, April 2, 2007

all winter for that?

Well, that Cards game last night was not really worth watching. If that is the way the outfield is going to play (yes, I am looking at you Taguchi) and hit (Preston @!#!-ing Wilson, that's your song!) I maybe will be OK not watching a lot.

So Apple will begin selling some music sans DRM limitations. That's good. Higher bitrates too, that's good. But I wonder if it is smoke and mirrors to higher prices in the future. The new songs are $1.29, and you know that the conversation with other music companies will try to push that up for new stuff.

I have always been OK with the 128 kbps protected AAC file. They sound OK (I only have headphones) and the price is convenient. I doubt the extra cash will deter me a lot, but I will miss the old pricing. Simple is good.

Supposed to snow this week. That's what I get for putting on the summer tires on the car. Note to self: one 81 degree day means nothing.

No comments: